I feel like today is awards day for me! I’ve been nominated for quite a few of these awards so far so I thought I’d bash them all out while I’ve got some free time tonight. I’ve done the Beauty Blogger Award before, but I love how each time someone new nominates you, you get 10 completely different (and sometimes unusual) questions to answer, so tonight I will be posting two of them, one nominated by Tami and another one nominated by Natalie. What I’m going to do, is answer all of the questions and nominate 20 people in total (or as many I can think of) and give all of ya’ll 10 questions to answer. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Continue reading
I’d like to thank the lovely fivezero for tagging me in this one – I was also tagged in the Dragon’s Loyalty Award. Normally I would to the tag again, but I found it incredibly difficult to think of 7 interesting facts about me the first time round! Here are the rules to the Starlight Award:
Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
Answer the 3 original questions and then the 3 new questions from your nominator given to you.
Nominate your 6 favorite bloggers! In your nominees I would like for you to think at the light emanating from the stars the ones that truly touch your soul with their work, the ones that are the light for you a true STARLIGHT Blogger.
Please pass the award on to 6 or more other Bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you.
Include the logo of the award in a post or on your Blog, please never alter the logo, never change the 3 original questions answer that first then answer the 3 new questions from your nominator and never change the Award rules.
Please don’t delete this note:
The design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter. It is a Copyright image, you cannot alter or change it in any way just pass it to others that deserve this award.
Copyright 2015 © YesterdayAfter.com – Design by Carolina Russo
First 3 Questions:
- If you could meet anyone from throughout history, who and why? I would like to meet one of my ancestors, see if they looked like me and what their story is. Failing that, I’d love to meet someone like Ovid or Socrates – some of our greatest writers and philosophers of all time. I bet that’d be a good conversation.
- What is your favourite book and why? I kind of have 3. Firstly, The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood. I’m a huge fan of dystopian literature and was introduced to this book during my A-Level’s – I’ve read it every year since. Secondly, is Inferno by Dan Brown. He really is the master of literary cliffhangers and this book can grip me like no TV show or movie can. Thirdly is anything by Stephen King. He is the only writer that can actually make me frightened whilst reading, and for someone like me that is quite an emotionless reader, that’s a hard thing to do.
- Who is your favourite fiction character from any medium and why? Has to be Lord Henry Wotton from The Picture of Dorian Gray. There’s something about him that is very attractive in a literary sense – whether it’s his charm, intellect or wit, I’ve always had a bit of a soft spot for him. He’d be a fun guy to hang around with, I think.
- What are your weekend plans? I was supposed to be going back up to Bath (where I went to university) to see all of my friends that are still up there, as I haven’t seen them in a long, long time. Unfortunately, my funds aren’t able to stretch that far so I won’t be able to see them before I go away. Instead, as it’ll only be a week to go until I head to Australia, my friend and his godmother are putting on a leaving party for us which should be pretty fun!
- What’s your favourite blog post to read? I love daily blogs and ‘days in my life’ sort of posts. I don’t know if that’s because I’m nosy or not, but I love knowing what other people get up to in their normal lives for some strange reason.
- Where do you pull inspo from when writing your blog posts? Mainly Pinterest. I love seeing what other people are doing and think Pinterest is a brilliant, visual way to share ideas, images and other sorts of mediums. I’m a huge fan of the site, and whilst I have a long list of blog post ideas that I’m constantly adding to, I generally only use a handful of those ideas in my actual blog so love finding more and more original things to publish.
The bloggers I would like to nominate are:
And the 3 questions I would like you to answer are:
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- What is your dream job?
- If you could pick 1 famous person to read your blog, who would it be and why?
That’s it for now! A big thanks to fivezero for nominating me in the first place, and I look forward to seeing all of your answers.
I’d like to thank the lovely ‘Rubylightful‘ for nominating me for this one – not one I’ve done yet so it’s nice to find a new award these days! If you don’t know what the award is, basically it’s for outstanding bloggers with loyal followers, aka those that like your posts, comment on your content frequently etc. So, let’s get started! Continue reading
I’ve been nominated for the Beauty Blogger Award by Ayesha – A.K.A The Sassy Editor. Thanks so much for nominating me! You should all go check her out as her content is amazing.
I’ve been nominated by billieasaund.wordpress.com for the Liebster Award! Check hers out here. For those of you that don’t know they’re sort out of bloggers equivalent to Tumblr tags, and they’re great for gaining awareness of new blogs that share your interests. So, thanks for the nomination and let’s get started! Continue reading